Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TopCat—HHP Honors John Toutkoushian With 8-Second Hellcat Record
11-19-2017, 01:10 PM
TopCat—HHP Honors John Toutkoushian With 8-Second Hellcat Record
Josh and Tout/Top Cat sure made history with #1 "Helluva" Hellcat ride to Reaching the Goal !!

Tout/Top Cat entrusted Josh to continue on for him with the R&D and T&T just as if he was alive.

I am very proud of Josh for always working hard to gain the knowledge and putting his maximum effort to keep a promise to John and Blast his car into the 8's!

Well Done Josh!!!!
LindaSmile

[IMG]
TopCat Dodge Challenger Hellcat Runs 8s | RacePages Digital

The forthcoming Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has certainly garnered a significant amount of attention with its 9-second time slip from the factory. However, it is the Hellcat that has been carrying the Challenger SRT brand into the forefront of the street performance market and HHP Racing has been on the cutting edge of it for nearly a decade. As the drag racing season is coming to a close in most parts of the country, Josh Schwartz snuck out to Maryland International Raceway one last time with Top Cat, a 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat. Armed with a nitrous bottle to compliment the HHP/BES Gen III Hemi, Schwartz knocked off an 8.883 at 154.99 mph in the 4,500-pound street car, besting the old record of 8.913 turned in by the Epling Garage’s Challenger.

That time slip marks the Top Cat as the top of the Hellcat heap and also earned them the first 8-second equipped Challenger with an A8 factory automatic transmission. It is also a tribute to John Toutkoushian, who passed away in 2016, and his wife, Linda, lets HHP Racing carry-on his legacy with the TopCat. The pathway to the 8s was a well-laid plan crafted through extensive experience on thousands of Gen III Hemi-equipped Dodge vehicles that HHP is known for building.[IMG]

The heads and blower took a vacation at BES Racing where Schwartz collaborated with the engine shop on specific upgrades and changes to the 6.2L Hemi. The factory cylinder heads and factory supercharger snout were ported by BES Racing to keep air, fuel, and spent gases moving through the engine efficiently. A camshaft is the gatekeeper for the air going in and out of the cylinders and Schwartz shared his extensive knowledge on the Gen III Hemi engine with BES Racing in order to create a unique camshaft profile. The short-block is 100% stock as it came from Dodge, a testament to the factory’s commitment to excellence in the supercharged Hemi platform.

The factory-supplied 2.4L twin-screw supercharger is turned harder with a 2.65-inch upper pulley and an ATI Performance Products Overdrive damper to increase boost pressure to 20 psi. American Racing Headers provided the entire exhaust system from the long-tube headers back to the tailpipes. All told, the TopCat cranks out 980 rwhp on the company’s in-house chassis dyno and Schwartz worked with Hemi Tuner Performance to get the engine calibration spot on with the VP Racing Fuels Q16 race fuel. Schwartz and Hemi Tuner Performance worked exclusively with DiabloSport CMR software in order to get the 1,000-plus hp combination to run smoothly and to have the transmission shift perfectly. On track, Schwartz admits to adding in a small shot of nitrous from a Nitrous Outlet plate system, however, the team hasn’t run it on the chassis dyno.

Making horsepower is one thing, applying it to the drag strip is another and HHP Racing has extensive experience in that regard. In order to get the 4,500-pound street machine hurling down the track in sub-9 second fashion, the Mickey Thompson ET Radial Pro 275 tires are stuck to the ground thanks to help from HHP/Santhuff shocks and struts with a fortified IRS setup. Southern Hot Rod was tapped to build the A8 eight-speed automatic transmission and Pro Torque is responsible for the torque converter. The transmission and suspension help apply the enormous power properly and the result has been a best of a 1.369 sixty-foot time, an impressive feat considering the high race weight with driver.

As a tribute to John Toutkoushian who’s passion ran deep for the Challenger platform, Schwartz said this couldn’t have been possible without Linda Toutkoushian, John’s wife. She is the owner of Top Cat and the driving force in continuing the go-fast tradition.
[IMG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: TopCat—HHP Honors John Toutkoushian With 8-Second Hellcat Record
John would have been thrilled, 8 seconds out of a 4500# car is no small task.
11-19-2017, 10:28 PM
That is awesome Linda! Just one question, when you driving Top Cat?

"How fast can you shift in heels.Wink"
"The first thing you check is the loose nut behind the wheel"
185.3 mph at the 10/14 Texas Mile
11.2 sec @129 mph
11-20-2017, 04:07 PM
This is awesome!!!!!

Mopar408

2016 Charger SRT - Stock Daily Driver
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat - Fun Car
1971 Plymouth Scamp - 435HP/402CI & a 5spd
11-20-2017, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 07:50 PM by Linda's FF.)
(11-19-2017 06:07 PM)Williamsrt Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.John would have been thrilled, 8 seconds out of a 4500# car is no small task.

Phill he sure would have!

Watching Josh brought back so many memories of when John was trying to gain his 9-second pass and hit a 10.0hh 0hh 8!!!!!
Please Register or Login to view links.

I saw Josh encounter that same frustration as he ran " Top Cat" today to a 9.038 then 9.0H 0H 6 @157.30 ( Officially the 1/4 mile Fasssssest Hellcat pass )CoolBig GrinCool
I couldn't believe it when Josh went up for the 3rd and final pass of the day and spun off the line. My heart just sank. Sad
My grandson Brandon and I were on the way back to the pits and I see Josh taking off for the staging lanes. We quickly went back to the bleachers to watch.
Talk about determination just like John had been back then. I'm thinking Holly $#!t Josh is going to Hot Lap and the next thing I'm watching Josh pull off the perfect pass and runs an 8.883@ 154.99 mph
And It was just so Damn exciting to see the Goal met !!!!CoolCoolCoolCool

The Huge Grin on Josh's face was Priceless !!!!!

Linda:0

(11-19-2017 10:28 PM)BayouTigress Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.That is awesome Linda! Just one question, when you driving Top Cat?

Thanks Lisa
Over the winter I will Have John's Hellcat "Top Cat" modified to fit me. Josh's legs go all the way to the top of my hips.
I will need lots of seat time and I am going to have Kate get her NHRA license in it!

Linda Smile

(11-20-2017 04:07 PM)Mopar408 Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.This is awesome!!!!!

Thanks, I saw you have a Hellcat right?

Linda Smile
11-22-2017, 03:15 PM
AWESOME!

They call me Pinque

2010 R/T Challenger 6.4 cam and Maggie @8lbs of boost. Some more stuff, but you get the idea. Installed by Texas House of Hemi. Tuned by the Hemituner!

[Image: 11SecondClub-5_zpshewte6gp.gif]

Garage:
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1970 Plymouth Barracuda (440, M5)....currently residing in Austin