Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New radaitor?
11-30-2016, 06:25 PM
New radaitor?
I've been bleeding the air out of my system for about a month and I think I've got more air then when I started. I took the car out yesterday and saw this so I'm thinking the radiator might have a crack. Plus every time I beat on it I have a snail trail by the drain hose. I haven't put it on my quick jacks yet to look

Please Register or Login to view links.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: New radaitor?
Wonder if the cap is bad? Sucking air in, instead of letting the fluid go in and out of the reservoir? Are you needing to add fluid to the reservoir?
12-01-2016, 06:57 AM
I did in the beginning when I was bleeding the air out but I haven't added any in awhile. Last time I popped it open after a drive it seems the Pressure was a little low. The coolant trail on the belly pan keeps thinking there's a radiator issue.

12-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Any progress?

2013 Chrysler 200 retractable hard top-3.6 VVT
2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - 5.7 Hemi - 3:92 open diff.
2009 Challenger R/T auto J package
12.235@110.32 1.727 60' DA 879 ft.
Completely stock Big Grin

[Image: Jackslaunch2_zps2eeb3141.png]
12-03-2016, 08:34 AM
New radaitor?
I found the leak and it wasn't the radiator. The spring clamp on the intercooler pump was to far forward and the coolant was traveling around the front to drain side of the radiator. Still messing with the air in the coolant system there's still a bubble in the killer glass. I'm gonna try Phil's
Idea and replace the cap. It needs a coolant flush anyway and I'll let the garage deal with that but I'd still like to get the air out just so I know it good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-03-2016, 08:32 PM
That's why I like to use a different color fluid in the inter cooler so I would know which was leaking. I used normal green in it.
12-04-2016, 08:56 AM
That will be on my to do list