Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LSMF 2016......what a weekend!
10-09-2016, 05:52 PM
I got home a little while ago from a roller coaster weekend at LSMF.

Thursday started off with my Durango blowing oil out of an unidentified location. Fortunately it happened right in front of my tuner's shop. Alex Peitz and his crew are an awesome group so they took me in and started working on it immediately. They gave me a ride back to the hotel where I started hunting for a way to at least get my Charger off the trailer so I could still enjoy Friday and Saturday. We were betting on either the rear main or the oil pan gasket. More on that later...

Friday's lunch was a good time and the dyno day was nice putting faces with some of the names on here.

Saturday was a blast. I ended up making it to the final round of the 12 second index class and freakin red-lighted!!

The guys at Petiz pulled the inspection panel on the trans and the rear main was good--everything up in there was dry. The driver's side oil pan rail, starter, and most everything else was soaked. A new oil pan gasket was installed and everything was fine until we put boost to it. My truck is still sitting in Houston and they'll be going over it top to bottom to figure out what's going on. Of course I'm expecting the worst.

On the upside, every day of the weekend I was blown away by how willing total strangers were to help each other. I had so many people offering help (Sean & Dave from this forum) but I specifically wanted to thank Garrett (demon340). He was a class act out at the track with a beautiful car but he went out of his way to help get my trailer taken care of so that my family and I could pack up and head home.

Overall I'm pretty crushed about our Durango but I had so much fun with the things that went well. Laugh

-Bryan

2006 Charger SRT8: Nitrous Outlet plate w/ 100hp shot, Paramount trans and 2800 converter, Getrag 3.91

2014 Durango RT: Road Magnet springs, 2.9L Whipple, Magnaflow cat-back, ARH LT headers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: LSMF 2016......what a weekend!
Well chit Bryali red light sucks but it happens. Hope the car repair is done and fixes the problem.

Had a good time... The Fat Lady pulled 406 rwhp on the dyno.... Met up with some local folks and some forum folks. The hotel breakfast was outstanding and was free so to speak.

2010 Stone White R/T
[Image: 2010challenger22b.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2016, 02:18 PM

It looks like a $3 part may be my fix.

This plug goes in the driver's side of the block and plugs a dipstick tube hole. Apparently I blew mine out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Bryan

2006 Charger SRT8: Nitrous Outlet plate w/ 100hp shot, Paramount trans and 2800 converter, Getrag 3.91

2014 Durango RT: Road Magnet springs, 2.9L Whipple, Magnaflow cat-back, ARH LT headers
10-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Stake that sumbitch in!

Sent Via Tapatalk

2010 Stone White R/T
10-10-2016, 02:30 PM
You said stake it then JBWeld? Got it! Laugh

-Bryan

10-10-2016, 02:53 PM
yeppers, had a great time since I haven't been there since 2013, took at top 50 award in my class. Big Grin brought home a drag radial for Bryan..Laugh still in my car i might add but coming out soon, love
dales show plate LMAO Laugh LMAO, you will see it in the album ....got to unload mine now...
and here is the photobucket album for you !!

Please Register or Login to view links.

David Gibson
2015 Best of Show Mopars at the Battleship
2009 Challenger R/T
2017 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee

[Image: Attachment-1_zpsaoofzazw.gif]
10-10-2016, 03:25 PM
(10-10-2016 02:30 PM)Bryali Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.You said stake it then JBWeld? Got it! Laugh

Well JB weld would probably work. But, I would stake in 3 or 4 places with punch. IE - bend a bit of metal over the edge of the plug.

Sent Via Tapatalk

2010 Stone White R/T
10-10-2016, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 05:24 PM by BayouTigress.)
Great pics Dave and congrats on the trophy. I am kinda partial to the storm troop set up being a Star Wars fan. Saw wat I suspect was Dales but will not spoil it for the others Wink

Sorry to hear of the issue with the Durango Bryan. Hope it is fixed and back to running soon.

"How fast can you shift in heels.Wink"
"The first thing you check is the loose nut behind the wheel"
185.3 mph at the 10/14 Texas Mile
11.2 sec @129 mph
10-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Yea...there were a lot of strange looks at it. But, there were a lot of laughs depending in the age of the person. I told the Judges that it had to be worth 10 points.

2010 Stone White R/T