Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
79 Dodge Magnum rebuild
07-21-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: 79 Dodge Magnum rebuild
Good Evening - Finally back in town and can get started back up for at least one week anyways. I left off with the engine and found out the bolts used by the exhaust guy where too long. They punch a hole into the heads on both sides - back bolt and front bolt. Not sure why they decided to continue pushing the bolt through when it clearly must have had a stopping point. They have paid for new heads but that means very little in the grand picture. I now need to mil the heads to match the block and put the car back together one more time. I would imagine that even if I get the block and heads over to the machine shop today I will not see this block before I am leave out of the Country again. One thing I did like however is I was able to swing into a large car show in Syracuse NY. Syracuse Nationals. Nice show with a ton of cars! I noticed a few small block Mopars with a single pulley system replacing the older two smaller belt system. The kit comes complete with pulleys - alt - water pump etc.. The system was done by March Performance. Does any one have any knowledge on these systems? Do they slow anything down at all? Should I expect temp issues or battery charging issues? The two cars I seen these on the owners where not around to discuss with them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply