Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
What are You Jassol's up to today ?
10-07-2017, 06:57 PM
RE: What are You Jassol's up to today ?
(10-06-2017 11:51 AM)Lindas FF Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Hi, Everyone, I hope you are all doing well.
I think this is where the most informed racers I know that run the Texas Mile hang out. Could you please answer a couple of questions?
( It's not me racing and someday I want to fly down and watch those of you who do.)
What do you think the best way to tape the front of a car?
What is the Best tape product to use?
What tires do you run?
What PSI?
Any other special advice for someone new to this kind of racing.

Linda Smile
Tape - Roadwrap
Tires - I ran stock Goodyears at max inflation. Good to 155
Get rid of as much weight as possible. If allowed No PS seat or rear seat. Min fuel as gas is about 8 lbs per gal. Race gas

Sent via Tapatalk

2010 Stone White R/T
[Image: 2010challenger22b.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Thank you I appreciate the answer.
Is the road wrap also what Sam uses?
Where can it be purchased from?

Linda Smile
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2017, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 08:31 PM by Hemi57.)
(10-08-2017 08:07 PM)Lindas FF Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Thank you I appreciate the answer.
Is the road wrap also what Sam uses?
Where can it be purchased from?

Linda Smile
Sam & Chuck will have some. You can get a roll off ebay for about $30. I just got a roll for a trip. Have 90% left. Laugh

Sent via Tapatalk

2010 Stone White R/T
[Image: 2010challenger22b.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2017, 09:21 AM
(10-06-2017 11:51 AM)Lindas FF Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Hi, Everyone, I hope you are all doing well.
I think this is where the most informed racers I know that run the Texas Mile hang out. Could you please answer a couple of questions?
( It's not me racing and someday I want to fly down and watch those of you who do.)
What tires do you run?
What PSI?

Linda Smile

Hey Linda!

Road Rap, it is on Amazon, but we have like 3 rolls, so if it is someone you know have them find us, we are more than happy to share.

Tires need to be speed rated for more than the car will run and not drag radials. We have run Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and still do for the fronts, but now run Hoosier R7s in the back which are much better tire. I think Sam runs the R7 as well. They have a special exemption for runing at the mile. Pressure is typically in the 30 psi range, unlike drag racing a little higher is better.

"How fast can you shift in heels.Wink"
"The first thing you check is the loose nut behind the wheel"
185.3 mph at the 10/14 Texas Mile
11.2 sec @129 mph
10-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Of course the right answer for Morisot of the questions for the mile is “depends”. As LISA mentioned, tires are a big deal. No drag radials at least for the Texas based group. The Pilot Super Sports are very popular as are some of the other high performance tires. The R7/A7 have a special exemption as they are the only non speed rated tire allowed. Unfortunately they are not generally available in a lot of sizes that would make them easy to deal with. We run the 315/45r19 which is a 29”tire and they are pretty hard to find as Hoosier only makes a small run of them annually.

A newbie with a Hellcat might get a little disappointed as they tend to run 172-175 unless you get a big tail. I’ve seen some guys disappointed by that, but they shouldn’t be as I
They run that consistently as hell and I’ve seen guys hot lap the car 18-20 times in a day. Just amazing reliability!

The other supply needed is some good gaffers tape to secure other bits like the side marker that tend to pop out (except the H/C’s which stay together much better than the older models. Otherwise, don’t get too attached to the front plastic parts as about everyone that has gone over 170 a few times has lost them at least once Smile.

Would love to see you guys in Texas sometime, and that is definitely the place to experience the real event, but if you want to make lots of passes, Arkansas or Colorado is the place to be. Saw a guy in a Vette make 62 passes in June! In Texas, a perfect event will get you 9 Maybe 10 though you might get a few more on Sunday as folks thin out.
10-11-2017, 09:18 AM
What tires do you run?
What PSI?

Linda Smile

Are you taking the charger?
10-11-2017, 04:29 PM
(10-09-2017 10:28 PM)BayouTiger Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Of course the right answer for Morisot of the questions for the mile is “depends”. As LISA mentioned, tires are a big deal. No drag radials at least for the Texas based group. The Pilot Super Sports are very popular as are some of the other high performance tires. The R7/A7 have a special exemption as they are the only non speed rated tire allowed. Unfortunately they are not generally available in a lot of sizes that would make them easy to deal with. We run the 315/45r19 which is a 29”tire and they are pretty hard to find as Hoosier only makes a small run of them annually.

A newbie with a Hellcat might get a little disappointed as they tend to run 172-175 unless you get a big tail. I’ve seen some guys disappointed by that, but they shouldn’t be as I
They run that consistently as hell and I’ve seen guys hot lap the car 18-20 times in a day. Just amazing reliability!

The other supply needed is some good gaffers tape to secure other bits like the side marker that tend to pop out (except the H/C’s which stay together much better than the older models. Otherwise, don’t get too attached to the front plastic parts as about everyone that has gone over 170 a few times has lost them at least once Smile.

Would love to see you guys in Texas sometime, and that is definitely the place to experience the real event, but if you want to make lots of passes, Arkansas or Colorado is the place to be. Saw a guy in a Vette make 62 passes in June! In Texas, a perfect event will get you 9 Maybe 10 though you might get a few more on Sunday as folks thin out.

Thanks, Chuck, is the Tape that you all use considered Helicopter Tape. The guy that is asking questions is running a private 2-mile event. But there are posts mentioning about how the events they run are and what is allowed and not allowed.
I just figure those that run the Texas mile are pretty on Top of everything that would keep the car together.
I really want to see everyone run the mile first and think about if I would like to try it sometime. I love Go Fasssst Fun!

Linda Smile
10-11-2017, 04:35 PM
(10-11-2017 09:18 AM)Williamsrt Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.
What tires do you run?
What PSI?

Linda Smile

Not Yet Smile
10-11-2017, 04:40 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not Yet Smile
[/quote]

I love that body style, seeing yours at cf is one reason I bought my Daytona charger. I would like to see how the one piece front end does compared to the challengers separate spoiler.
Hope to see you and Katie at cf this coming year.
10-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Heart RE: What are You Jassol's up to today ?

[/quote]

Not Yet Smile
[/quote]

I love that body style, seeing yours at cf is one reason I bought my Daytona charger. I would like to see how the one piece front end does compared to the challengers separate spoiler.
Hope to see you and Katie at cf this coming year.
[/quote]

You know Phil I love the looks too. John got his Hellcat on order and then asked me, Lin, Do you want a Hellcat?.............Laugh, I had to think about it!
Then he said about color chooses maybe the Red or Blue.
I really Love the Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl.
There is never a picture that doesn't show the sparkle and shine of the paint.
I agree with you and also love the lines of the Hellcat Charger.
Owning Challengers already, I can't tell it was so nice to be able to race and Daily Drive my Charger. ( But this year it's another story.)

Kate and I definitely have plans to come to CF I haven't paid attention yet if the room blocks are available?
I wanted to come last year and was really upset not to be able to make it. I even tried to get an air flight..... it was $ 3,000.00 round trip for Kate and me. In the end, it was good I didn't pull my trailer over hill and dale, later that month I had to get my trailer inspected and it would have been a dangerous situation. I had to have some welds on the framework and have blown out several tires!

I'm not sure if I remember you getting a Daytona. Is there a thread here posted?

Linda Smile