Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sacrilegious Name but Great little cars!
11-10-2013, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 08:28 AM by BayouTiger.)
Sacrilegious Name but Great little cars!
Shame these don't get much respect! I had a 78 Challenger, 83 Challenger, and 84 Conquest. All were really good little cars and generally the best cars on the floor at the local Mopar dealer.

[Image: OldMitsus001.jpg]

[Image: OldMitsus007.jpg]

[Image: OldMitsus008.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Sacrilegious Name but Great little cars!
A friend had a used one in high school, it had the 'Plymouth Sapporo' badging. It was a fun little car, we used to drive it around to deliver newspapers.

He would rarely slow down while I tossed papers out the window, and there was one house in a little circle/turnout where he would just whip the car into a turn through it -- I threw the rolled-up paper right at the driveway, and the butt end of the paper hit the taillight of a Mustang parked in the driveway, shattering it into tiny pieces. The owner claimed it was a custom taillight and later my buddy liked to say that that taillight was worth more than his Sapporo.

Needless to say, we did not turn a profit on the paper route that month. Big Grin
11-10-2013, 08:58 AM
the conquest was awesome!
11-10-2013, 10:00 AM
The TSi's that came a couple years after my 84 were really beasts. The one I had was not quite as badass, but without the flared fenders and other treatments, it was a great sleeper. I did have a blast in that car!
11-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Yeah, those were pretty cool. I never got over them using the Laser badge on a Mitsubishi (plymouth)as I had an 84 Chrysler Laser Turbo

They call me Pinque

2010 R/T Challenger 6.4 cam and Maggie @8lbs of boost. Some more stuff, but you get the idea. Installed by Texas House of Hemi. Tuned by the Hemituner!

[Image: 11SecondClub-5_zpshewte6gp.gif]

Garage:
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1970 Plymouth Barracuda (440, M5)....currently residing in Austin